Imagine an alluring enviable lifestyle on a peaceful rural playground 15 minutes to Noosa Heads, with 300 degree uninterrupted coastal and mountain panoramas, from the Noosa coast and beyond Maroochydore to Lake Cooroibah, Mount Tinbeerwah, Mount Wolvi, Mount Ninderry and the Glasshouse Mountains. Yes, dreams do come true.
Admire the sweeping grand driveway fringed with mature plants, the dual sets of wrought iron automatic gates set in walls of granite, quarried on site, and the exotic Royal Cuban palms beside the porte-cochere. With a family of four eagles soaring overhead what a stylish introduction to the aptly named Eagles Nest Estate, and so perfectly positioned in an incomparable setting.
With Stephen Kidd's signature on the design there is no doubting the integrity of his work. From the moment the front doors open, eyes are fixed to the main massive deck on the northerly side, looking as if it's been in place forever, thanks to the beautiful botanical-style gardens. They not only enfold this home on its own private hill top but stretch sublimely in tune with the landscape to the verdant rain forest beyond the boundaries. Naturally, there is an abundance of bird life as neighbours such as kangaroos hop by.
Past the stone-edged glistening pool and outdoor spa, the decks continue, then become an integral part of the garden and take in the vistas on the eastern coastal side. Frangipanis, gardenias and jasmine are a fragrant combination alongside the mango tree and cumquat hedge.
The interior design exudes a gregarious personality with elegant high-ceilinged over-generous spaces a showcase for art lovers. There is a modern aesthetic, a nod to the classic Queenslander with dados in a VJ-profile, and polished blackbutt timber floors. An oasis of calm pervades throughout. There's serious fluidity between inside and out. The hub of the residence, a large U-shaped kitchen with skylight central island bench, silky oak counter tops and two walk-in pantries is a winning workspace for the entertainer. The dining and lounge spaces sit either side.
In the east wing and opening to the deck is an office for two executives and the 5-star master retreat with a walk-in robe and bright white ensuite with over-sized corner shower. Draw back the billowing curtains on the eastern side of the master to reveal an undercover deck and of course those magnificent ocean views.
In the west wing a media/lounge room has sumptuous, sink-into leather chairs and a master sized bedroom with a lounge area, an undercover deck overlooking the mountain and a two-way bathroom with a freestanding bathtub.
Off the portico, via a laundry and breezeway is a guest suite with ensuite and undercover patio.
Leaving sheds in the shade, is what can only be described as a warehouse. The custom built 800m2 structure has automatic red cedar sliding doors, eleven water tanks and endless possibilities. Could be just the ticket for a commercial entrepreneur, as an artisan's studio, for a vintage car and motorbike collection or with paddocks on the estate and numerous trails nearby. What about a first class facility for horse owners in need of a manÃ¨ge for training and dressage?
"With sunrise over the Coral Sea and volcanic silhouetted sunsets, Eagles Nest Estate is the pinnacle of perfection," note Tom Offermann Real Estate agents Cameron Urquhart and Michael McComas. "This lifestyle is driving a surge in demand for sea and tree changers flocking to this rural playground so close to Noosa Heads. Who could ask for anything more?"
140 Solar Road, Cooroy Mountain
Bedrooms 3 | Bathrooms 3 | Car Spaces 29 | Pool
Facts & Features:
- Land Size: 39.63ha (98 acres) Noosa Shire
- House Area: 370m2 internal and external living
- House Design: Stephen Kidd
- Driveway: 750m concrete drive with mature plantings, dual sets of wrought iron auto security gates set in walls of granite (from site)
- Warehouse: 800m2 (42m x 19m) custom-built complex with auto red cedar sliding doors, suit numerous purposes (commercial enterprise, hobby car/bike collection & equine)
- Garaging: additional 3 car garaging adjacent to house, or workshop
- Kitchen: skylight; 2 walk-in pantries; silky oak counter tops; 2m island bench; Smeg 5-burner gas cooktop
- Inventory: negotiable
- Water/Irrigation: 540,000L fresh rainwater storage in 11 large tanks, with 2-way underground transfer lines; new water bore (fresh, clean mountain water) with feeder lines to storage tanks; biocycle waste treatment plant; water catchment zone prevents sub-division, maintaining future privacy
- Gardens/paddocks: 330m perimeter granite wall (quarried onsite) surround the house and low maintenance irrigated lawns and gardens within; young orchard with mango, avocados, mandarin, peach, fig and cherry; freshwater creek; rainforest
- Services: 3-phase power to house, warehouse complex and driveway gates; fast and reliable NBN fixed wireless; excellent mobile with land lines in place; waste and recycling collection services at main gate
- Access: landscaped 550m bitumen access road, auto security gated & on title, built to full Noosa Council specifications; easement for access/phone/power to adjacent acreage lots, each with private gated driveways; covenants in place to protect future amenity; Solar Road has Council approval to be sealed - no through road
- Location: private; peaceful; 300 degree stunning uninterrupted views of the coast and mountains-Mt Cooroy, Mt Tinbeerwah, Mt Wolvi, Mt. Ninderry, Glasshouse Mountains, Mt Coolum, Noosa coastline from beyond Maroochydore to Lake Cooroibah; surrounded by multi-million dollar private estates and Mt Cooroy National Parks; absolutely central within the Golden Triangle directly adjacent to Mt Cooroy; 1km to Sunrise Road